Bedford Borough currently has the third highest COVID-19 case rate in England, at 1,488 cases per 100,000 people in the local population.
To continue to keep local residents safe and protected, the Council is asking people to:
· keep doing a lateral flow test before you meet up with people
· wear a face covering in indoor places and when using public transport
· stay at home if you’re feeling unwell and book a PCR test if you have COVID symptoms
|Take a lateral flow if you are meeting people
If you are planning on meeting friends, family or going into work you should take a lateral flow.
Testing kits are available everyday by ordering online at https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests .
You can get your COVID-19 booster dose if it’s been 3 months since you had your 2nd dose and you are:
· aged 18 and over
· aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19
· a frontline health or social care worker
For more information on boosters and third vaccination doses visit: www.blmkccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/booster/
|Report your lateral flow tests
It’s really important to report your lateral flow tests – especially if they are positive, so you can get advice and support during your self-isolation, ensure your close contacts are alerted, and so we know what’s happening in our community.
You can report your test result by calling 119 or visit www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result